Description of the Biomechanics Service
We provide an assessment, advice and treatment on a range of foot, leg and hip related problems.
This may include advice about appropriate footwear, stretching and strengthening exercises as well as insoles and orthotics where appropriate.
How can I access the Biomechanics service?
Referral is via your GP, consultant or other Healthcare Professional e.g. Physiotherapist and all referrals are triaged.
If referrals are not appropriate they will be re-directed appropriately.
Where is the service offered?
The service is provided at Warrington Wolves Stadium.
What can I expect at my assessment appointment?
- Full medical history including medication you may be taking
- Assessment of your footwear
- Observation of you standing and walking to watch your foot and leg position
- You may be required to sit or lie down on a treatment couch depending on what you are being referred about.
Please attend in or bring suitable clothing to change into eg. shorts or a skirt.
What is my role in my treatment?
- To notify us of any medications you are currently taking
- To notify us of any medical conditions you may have
- To contact the clinic if you are unable to attend an appointment
- To carry out any self-care you are advised to do.
Health Services at Wolves
The Martin Dawes Stand
Telephone: 01925 946683