Children’s Speech and Language Therapy Warrington – Info for students

If you are a student who is due to start a placement with us you can find information about our department before your placement starts.

In particular if you would like to prepare for your placement, please familiarise yourself with formal and informal assessments used for children, transcribing speech sounds and the dress code.

If you have any questions about your placement then please contact Kerry Moorhouse (Student Co-ordinator) on 01925 946686.

Interested in a career in Speech and Language Therapy?

All Speech and Language Therapists must complete a recognised 3 or 4 year undergraduate degree course or 2 year postgraduate diploma or masters. They also need to register with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) before they are able to practise.

For further information please visit the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists website

It is not possible for all Speech and Language Therapy departments to offer work experience for applicants.

Half day sessions, organised by the universities, are available for people interested in becoming a Speech and Language Therapist. Individual schools and charities may also accept a volunteer in relevant areas.