Dermatology is the medical speciality dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases.
The Service provides the diagnosis and management of a wide range of skin diseases for both adults and children.
This includes inflammatory skin diseases, skin surgery, dermatitis patch testing, and phototherapy.
Some of the common conditions we treat are listed below:
- Skin cancer
- Skin infections
- Skin colour problems
- Hair problems
- Rare skin disorders
In addition, the service provides support to:
- Patients – to promote effective self management
- Primary Care Health Professionals such as GPs and Practice Nurses – to help the management of skin conditions within their own clinics.
The Service provides the diagnosis and management of a wide range of skin diseases for both adults and children. This includes inflammatory skin diseases, skin surgery, dermatitis patch testing, and phototherapy.
Who can access the service?
The majority of patients with dermatological problems are seen in GP practices. The Service provides care for patients with more complex or problematic conditions or those requiring minor surgery.
Referral to the service can be made by your GP using Choose and Book.
Where is the service offered?
Our clinic and administration base is Health Services at Wolves. It houses our administration area, examination clinic rooms, a dedicated dermatology surgery room and a phototherapy suite with a brand new phototherapy unit.
Click on the links below for further information on any of the following clinics:
- Dermatology – Cryotherapy
- General Dermatology
- Dermatology – Paediatric
- Dermatology – Patch Tests
- Dermatology – Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
- Dermatology – Phototherapy Treatment
- Dermatology Surgery
- Monitoring Clinics for Patients on Systemic Treatment – Isotretinoin
Skin conditions and patient information
Resources & links
- Further dermatology related resources and links to websites containing information on a number of specific areas of dermatology
Health professionals area
- Further information on skin cancer referrals for health professionals and a guide to dermatology in primary care in Warrington
Health Services at Wolves
The Martin Dawes Stand
Telephone: 01925 946690
British Association Of Dermatologists Website
Cancer Research UK Website
Changing Faces Website
Hairline International Website
The Herpes Viruses Association Website
Ichthyosis Support Group Website
National Eczema Society Website
National Lichen Sclerosus Support Group Website
Neurofibromatosis Association Website
Pemphigus Vulgaris Network Website
Psoriasis Association Website
Skin Camouflage Network Website
Vitiligo Society Website
Give us your feedback
Your feedback is important to us and helps us to improve our services here at Bridgewater.
Please tell us about your recent visit or appointment by completing our online Talk to Us form.