The Halton and St Helens Wheelchair service is for residents who have a GP registered in these areas.
We also cover GP practices within Frodsham and Helsby.
General repairs and Maintenance are completed by an external company, Ross Care. Their details can be found under the Maintenance link.
The following are provided by the Halton and St Helens Wheelchair Service:
- Therapist clinical assessment for wheelchair posture and mobility
- Re-assessment offered for changing conditions
- Issue of manual and powered wheelchairs (see criteria for powered wheelchair provision)
- Specialist modifications and adaptations from in-house technician team
- Special seating clinical assessments in conjunction with Specialist seating companies
If you no longer require your Wheelchair
Wheelchairs are a valuable asset to the NHS, and we will always endeavour to refurbish any returned wheelchairs so that they can be used again by other clients.
If you no longer require your wheelchair, then please contact the service to arrange for collection or drop off at one of our locations.