Intermediate Care and Frailty Service (HICaFS) has replaced the NHS services previously provided in Halton by the Rapid Access Rehabilitation Service (RARS), Capacity & Demand Team and the Halton Integrated Frailty Service (HIFS).
Main elements of the service:
- Clinical triage
- Initial triage of presenting patients by an appropriate clinician
- Treatment and admission avoidance care plans
- Advanced care planning
- Clinical medication review
- Optimising physical function
- Discharge plans
- Supporting self-care and patient education
Inclusion criteria of the service:
- People over 18 years with complex health needs.
- People over 18 years who have experienced a rapid deterioration in health or function which does not need secondary care as a result.
- People over 18 years who require rapid intervention and a timely intensive care package.
- People over 18 years who require access to time-limited care and support.
- People who require a rapid Multidisciplinary approach to their care.
- Referrals from the Ambulance service to assist and assess patients who have fallen.
- Referrals from the Ambulance service for people who can remain at home with the correct support.
- Referrals from hospital for people who can continue their care at home with the correct support.
The team will in addition to supporting patients from both the community Intermediate care beds and managed care teams integrate care.
How can people access the service?
The service is accessed through a referral by Health Professionals, Social Services, Voluntary Agencies and self-referral (if previously seen by the service).
Please complete our Halton Intermediate Care referral form.
Where is the service offered?
In the patient’s own home or care setting.
Intermediate Care and Frailty Service (HICaFS)
Health Care Resource Centre
Caldwell Road, Widnes
Normal working hours for the service are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (last referrals taken at 3pm).
Give us your feedback
Your feedback is important to us and helps us to improve our services here at Bridgewater.
Please tell us about your recent visit or appointment by completing our online Talk to Us form.