The role of the Oral Health Improvement team is to provide evidence-based programmes and training to a range of settings within the community.
- Oral health sessions in children’s centres for young parents
- Supervised Toothbrushing Programmes in early years setting and reception classes
- Dental health education lessons for primary school aged children to link with the school curriculum
- Tasty Tuck Award for primary schools
- Delivering Mouth Care Matters training for nursing and care staff in residential care homes
- Training for early years staff, health visitors school nurses, family nurse practitioners, infant feeding teams, carers in residential care homes and community carers
- Resource boxes available for loan service to support early years and Key stages 1&2
The team also support a number of local and national campaigns throughout the year, such as, National No Smoking Day, Dry January, Mouth Cancer Awareness Month, Stoptober, and Disability Awareness Day.
Who can access the service?
Anyone can contact the team for further information about training, school programmes, support with public health events, or for general enquiries.
Oral Health leaflets
Oral Health Improvement 0-19 Integrated Service
Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre