PART – Paediatric Acute Response Team
The CCN Team for Complex Care work alongside the children’s nurses from Warrington hospital to provide a community based nurse led clinic at Bath Street.
The aim of this service is to help avoid hospital admissions or outpatient attendance, and to enable earlier discharge from hospital and provide care closer to home.
Referrals into this service are via GP, Ward staff and midwives.
Examples of the nursing support we provide:
- Jaundice screening
- Wound care (injury or post-surgery)
- Removal of sutures/ stitches
- Support and advice for treatment of Constipation.
- Burns care
- Intravenous antibiotic therapy
- Administration of injections
- Care of Nasogastric tubes
- Support and monitoring of children diagnosed with HSP.
- Nursing assessments for an acute minor illness such as febrile illness, diarrhoea and vomiting, chest infections and bronchiolitis.
The Phlebotomy Service
What happens on referral?
If your GP has requested a blood test for your child, you can book an appointment with the paediatric phlebotomist at Bath Street clinic. This is a child friendly service which is situated in the town centre.
To book an appointment contact the clinic ,make the appointment and inform the staff of any special concerns or needs.
Please remember to bring the request form from your G.P with you to clinic.
If your child requires a blood test please contact the Paediatric Phlebotomist clinic which is based at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing centre to make an appointment.
- Monday from 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Tuesday from 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Wednesday from 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Thursday from 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Friday from 8.30am to 6.30pm
(If fasting, blood specimens are needed an earlier appointment can be requested).
Make an appointment
Call us on 01925 946323.