In order to support the response to coronavirus (Covid-19) we have been asked by NHS England to stop or partially stop the delivery of a number of our community services.
Some adults and children’s services will be suspended with immediate effect for a period of at least three months, so that our staff can support the local response to coronavirus.
We are stopping delivery of:
- National Child Measurement Programme – Warrington, Halton and Oldham
- Friends and Family Test – all areas
- Paediatric Audiology – Warrington, Halton, St Helens, Knowsley and Vale Royal
We are making some changes to the delivery of some services for children and families. These are:
- Pre-birth and 0-5 Health Visiting service – Warrington, Halton and Oldham with the exception of vulnerable, high risk mothers, babies, families, Family Nurse Partnership and blood spot screening
- School nursing – Warrington, Halton, Oldham – moving to a phone and text service only
- Newborn hearing screening
- Community Paediatric medicals – Warrington, Halton and St Helens – except high risk/child protection and telephone advice
- Paediatric Therapy Services – Warrington, Halton and St Helens will prioritise most urgent Looked After Children teams – – Warrington, Halton and Oldham, St Helens – prioritise high risk
- Community Dentistry
- Children’s wheelchair, orthotics and prosthetics
- Child Health Informatics Systems
We are stopping delivery of:
- Friends and Family Test
- North West Driving Assessment Service
We are making some changes to the delivery of some services for adults. These are:
- Podiatry and Podiatric Surgery – Halton and Warrington – except high risk e.g. diabetic foot clinic
- Specialist nurses – Halton and Warrington – stop routine QOF associated activities and prioritise urgent needs
- Neuro-rehab – Warrington and Halton – prioritise case load
- Therapy services – Halton – prioritise urgent case load
- MSK CATS – Warrington – prioritise triage for emergency referrals and patients who have had recent surgery
- Dentistry services across Greater Manchester and Cheshire and Merseyside – with few exceptions
- Dermatology – Warrington – review and rationalise routine services but maintain the two week cancer pathway.
- Wheelchair, prosthetics and orthotics – Warrington, Halton and St Helens
- Prison healthcare
All patients with appointments scheduled or who would be due for appointments within the next three months will be contacted either by telephone or letter.
Bridgewater will be prioritising:
- Community Nursing – those in need of the most urgent care
- Halton Community Midwives
- Community Equipment Service
- Paediatric Therapy support for long-term conditions
If you have any urgent concerns about your condition as a result of this change please contact our Patient Services team via email at email@example.com in the first instance or call 0800 587 0562.