Coronavirus Covid-19 update
We are not currently able to accept applications for work experience, please revisit the website when the Governments Covid-19 measures have been lifted.
This page is aimed at any individual that is interested in a period of work experience with Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
Work experience provides opportunities within the Trust for individuals who may be; school age, in further education, unemployed or seeking a career change to explore and gain insight into a range of NHS careers and employment options.
Work Experience at the Trust
At Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust it is important for us to offer a positive and worthwhile experience which is of benefit to both you and the Trust.
It is important that the work experience is undertaken in line with legislation and the Trust will ensure that staff, patients and learners themselves are not exposed to unnecessary risk.
You will not be classed as an employee or remunerated during any placement.
In order to be considered for a work experience placement at Bridgewater please read through the points for consideration then complete the application form below with as much detail as possible, ensuring you provide details of your areas of interest and why you are seeking NHS work experience.
Before you apply
- Have a look at our map to check that we deliver services in your area.
- Due to the high volume of requests we receive, requests from those living in the boroughs or attending a local school/college will be prioritised.
- Please take time to explore the list of health services in your local area that we deliver and indicate areas of interest on your application. (Please note we do not deliver any services in a hospital setting).
- In addition to our health services there may be opportunities to undertake work experience with some of these non-clinical teams
- Not ALL of our services are able to offer placements but we can look for similar alternative experience for you where this is the case.
- Students aged 16 years old or under are only permitted to undertake administrative and clerical placements.
- Students 18 years or under will require parental consent.
- You will be expected to provide 2 forms of ID and complete a health check questionnaire.
- The average length of a placement is 1, 2 or 5 days (other requests can be considered).
- Ensure you tell us why you are applying for Work Experience with Bridgewater.
- It is not always possible to facilitate every request, we will contact you by email to let you know if you have or have not been successful.
If you are a school or college wishing to engage with Bridgewater for work experience placements or if you wish for our staff to visit your school/college can you please contact our Talent for Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Work experience posters from pupils