Breastfeeding – Warrington
Infant Feeding Halton and Warrington
Telephone: 01744 457232 / 07919398530
Warrington Bosom Buddies groups
Early year’s services
The team works with all early years services across Bridgewater’s areas to:
- Promote secure attachment and bonding, positive maternal mental health and parenting skills using evidenced based assessments and effective interventions.
- Lead and coordinate the Healthy Child programme requirements and delivering a comprehensive universal preventative health service for children and young people aged 0-5 years e.g:
– Promoting breastfeeding and safe sleep
– Prevention of childhood obesity
– Improving school readiness
– Accident prevention education
– Advice and support on immunisations
- Early identification of developmental and complex health needs referring on for investigation, diagnosis, treatment and support.
- Work in partnership with other key stakeholders to safeguard and protect infants and young children at risk of harm.
The service accepts referrals by telephone, email or face to face from:
- Midwifery services
- GPs and other professionals
- Self-referral from parents/carers
- Other statutory and voluntary agencies
You may find it helpful to view the local offer site for further information about support and services in the area. ‘Ask Ollie’ is the local offer that supports parents and carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) and young people with SEND themselves.
The link to Ask Ollie is: https://www.warrington.gov.uk/localoffer/
Ask Ollie is co-produced by Warrington Borough Council with local young people with SEND, parents and carers of children with SEND and SEND practitioners who support these families.