Referrals – Community Paediatrics and Looked After Children’s Team in St Helens

  Home Our team and
their roles
Referrals How can
we help?
Where we
Before your
What people
say about us
to ask

The Community Paediatrics and Looked After Children’s Team in St Helens can accept referrals from:

  • GPs
  • Consultants
  • Hospital clinicians
  • CAMHS professionals
  • Specialist Education Professionals (i.e. Educational Psychologists and SEN team and Safe Guarding team in local authority)
  • Specialist Nursing Professionals
  • Health Visitors
  • School Nurses
  • and Senior Therapists.

In order to request an assessment by the team please complete the referral form below:

Please ensure all information is included as incomplete forms may be returned due to missing information.

If you have any queries or need any help when making a referral please call us on 01744 45 7215 .

For Looked After Children’s Initial Health Assessments, we can proceed with an assessment once we have received the appropriate British Adoption and Fostering information.

Please contact the service on 01744 45 7215 if you need further information about referring to our service.

Children will be referred into this service through a single point of access.

This means that all referrals will be reviewed by our Advanced Nurse Practitioner, who will decide what needs to happen next. In the first instance, this will be assessment by the Advanced Nurse Practioner or one of our doctors.

After this initial assessment, you as the young person or parent will be involved in deciding with the doctor or nurse carrying out the assessment, what needs to happen next.

It’s really inportant to us that we listen to what children and young people have to say about their care.

Next steps:

  • You/your child may not need to be seen again, and will be discharged from our service
  • You/your child may be referred to the nursing team for support and advice
  • You/your child may need to see the doctor again
  • You/ your child may need to be referred to Specialist Doctors in hospital
  • You/your child may be referred to other services such as Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Children’s Continence Team
  • Your family GP and Health Visitor or School Nurse will be informed about the outcome of your assessment, and if you have one, your family Social Worker

You are here